Life Is Sweeter Than Lemons

Lately, I have been soaking up inspiration from all around me like a sponge. Though I have yet to burst through the seams of my restricting and trapped creativity, I am still open...and in the end, is not that what life is all about? Hm, yes I concur.

Amidst this moment (year) of my drowsy lull, I somehow feel uplifted. I have finally figured out exactly what changed. This change did not come from anything external, it was not given to me by any specific thing. Just like this ridiculous snow in New York, it hit me like a shivery sheet of ice.

"All this time I have been comparing myself to other people. Other bloggers, celebrities, photographers. Even other clients and customers of mine."


...That was the initial thought, but that was obvious to me. I had alwas been that way; the perfectionist that trampled anyone to be at the top level of the perfectionism ladder...as if it was some kind of competition. Ridiculous

But, no. That was not the epic moment that changed all moments.

This was the moment. But don't laugh. Because though it felt pivotal to me, it may sound silly to you.

"No one is better than anyone. Draw from others' beautiful talent and be your own brand of beauty. Be creative in your own damn creative way. There is enough room in this world for more than one artistic mind. You don't always have to be the best, cut yourself and everyone else a break already."

Phewwwwww.

Well, after that impactful thought, I finally began to thoroughly enjoy the rest of my day because I was openly able to look at the image other people created for themselves. And that's all that it is: an image. Image is not truth, it is merely perception.  The careers, the featured magazine articles, the press they received...none of it matters. I can just purely love them for their wonderful accomplishments and carry on this road that I am walking. I can have faith that I will have my very own life experiences, which will one day make all this work totally worth it. 

And then BOOM, jealousy and envy subsided. I was able to truly appreciate these incredible works of art; these humans who are so imbedded in their work that they are able to make it their living and pour this energy out to the world. Do I want that? Hell to the mother effing yes I do. But hey, we all get there at our own pace and even more so, we all make our mark in a different way. So booyah inner demons that have made me oh so terribly unsettled and self loathing for much too long!

Anyway, after my breakthrough I landed upon the site of a long time favorite designer: For Love And Lemons. Their spring 2014 lookbook is beautiful. It just tied up any loose ends of lost creative juices I had. So I will provide you with my favorite shots to end this cold ass night.
(Wherever this beaut is, I want to be there)
























View the full collection here: 
http://www.forloveandlemons.com/collections/readytowear/22

There is just so much raw, natural, fun energy about these photos. It reminds me of the importance of being myself. And yano something, the real me is pretty awesome. I'm happy with that today. The moral of the story is this: love what you have got. You only have one shot. If you get a batch of lemons, make some lemonade with your very own special and unique touch. I guarantee you someone will think it's the best they have ever tasted.

Love yourself always and others will love you just the same. 

Thanks for reading everyone. Would totally enjoy hearing from all you lovely and loyal readers! Much peace and love to you all.

Until next time,
Xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Value > Appearance | Prioritizing Healing

Styling For A Magazine Shoot-My First Experience & Definitely NOT The Last

Turning It Over | How I Created Abundance & Fulfillment