You Are Not For Everyone

Currently slowing down. It’s day 1 of being back home from traveling. Reflecting on the past 3 trips in 3 months and how fast it all went, all the new places, meeting new faces... I’m overwhelmed in a way because when one trip ended I was already onto the next. I feel like I didn’t get to soak everything in and feel that gratitude deeply. So now I’m on overload of re-living memories. I have a good feeling I’ll be blogging a lot of this stuff in the next couple weeks because there were so many moments captured, so many clients in front of my camera, so many laughs with friends & family, and so many cool places I got to experience. I’m overjoyed. I feel like I just experienced everything I had dreamed of when I began photographing professionally.

I was so scared to make a leap, to dream bigger, to charge my worth. I wanted to be accessible for ANYONE to hire me, but when I honed into a niche, and manifested the exact client I wanted, they came. I may be too expensive for a lot of people, and that’s okay (there ain’t nothing wrong with your budget, but there’s also nothing wrong with me). I wish I could put into words the amount of heart and love and energy I pour into my craft. The planning, the anxiety, the creative vision, and inevitable creative burnout/crash after. The physical shooting is honestly half the battle. Going through 500-5,000 images after the shoot, editing the best, taking time with my clients to go through them and have them pick favorites, retouching all of those photos, ordering products, designing albums. I mean, we are talking a total of 40-80 hours of work after shooting, depending on the session. Im not complaining. I love every minute of this. It is my career, my passion and my choice. But on the other hand, anyone who thinks that photography should be cheap, is not my client. Period. Art is my life, but it takes sooo much more than what meets the eye to make images come alive. I have educated myself, spent money & energy on learning and became experienced through DOING. Photography for the majority of us is self-taught. I have poured myself into this through and through. I shouldn’t have to explain this but I feel like I need to. 

If you are struggling with your path in your creative field, I feel your pain so deeply. I know how much it hurts to hear people talking about your pricing and comparing you to other people. But I also know how fucking freeing it is to be hired by people who LOVE what you do. The clients who not only hire you, but fly you out to their state and then pay your prices, and on top of that also trust you with intimate captures and share their world with you. THOSE ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸผARE ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸผMY ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸผCLIENTS ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ**The ones who truly get me and hire me not just because they love my work, but because they love the experience they have with me.** You will never be for everyone. I have felt pain because of that truth, but lately I’m becoming more and more free from the limiting idea that I can be. 

www.thewildauthentic.com (weddings & portraits)
www.thewildshe.com (Boudoir & couples)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Value > Appearance | Prioritizing Healing

Styling For A Magazine Shoot-My First Experience & Definitely NOT The Last

Turning It Over | How I Created Abundance & Fulfillment