Maxi To The Max

Oh hey now, it's cold. But boohoo, no one wants to hear me complain about the sad state that the weather has us all in. Given the teeny weeny numbers the temperature is, you'd think I would have swathed myself in layers upon layers of winter friendly threads. But, no. I had other plans for my outfit...

The point of this post is: I'm in love with maxi skirts and dresses. They are just so easy and comfortable. Plus with the right fabric and color, they can look super chic really easily. Happily for me I like to shop for steals, and let me tell you, this was the epitome of a steal. Sans the sticky fingers, that is.

This is how to dress awesome on a budget. 
Skirt: Forever21, Top: Urban Outfitters, Shoes: Justfab, Clutch: snake leather vintage

For this look, pick a maxi skirt that is silk or a silk-like fabric. Side slits are always a sexy look. I paired this with a platform heel and pulled the skirt high to make the velvet and mesh crop top work nicely. The vintage cognac snake leather clutch adds a more rustic feel to tone down the "glam" of this ensemble. Which totally reflects my personality. I've always been one of the boys, so my tomboy roots show themselves every now and again. (Yes, I wore lumberjack shirts, baggy jeans and timbs)

Back to the point: I love maxis to the max. I'm not even sure what that means but I think it just means I really enjoy them. Over and out fashion machines! Until next time...

And just for fun I'll leave you with a comfy maxi skirt combo.

SkirtForever21TopAmerican RagShoes: Justfab, BagForever21

I'll go put a coat on now before I die. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Value > Appearance | Prioritizing Healing

Styling For A Magazine Shoot-My First Experience & Definitely NOT The Last

Turning It Over | How I Created Abundance & Fulfillment